honda / rover suspension parts

nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

honda / rover suspension parts

Post by nicko500s »

i just ordered the top and bottom rear suspension braces for my 2002 R45 but i cant find anything for the front end, i have read that honda civic parts will fit and theres loads on ebay, but the seller i contacted said they dont have anything for rovers. im after the top front strut brace and what they call the belly or H brace for the bottom front.

can someone clear this up and let me know what civic is the same as our rovers the post i read said it was the ek9 type r. if we can sort this out it will be great as on ebay theres loads of potentially compatable honda parts many at less than half the price of the available rover struts and braces, im a bit annoyed as they look the same as the ones i just ordered but lower rear brace was £17.99 and i paid £40!
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Re: honda / rover suspension parts

Post by nicko500s »

Apparently this is not as straight forward as it first seemed, the H or belly brace has never been available for the R45 although it was advertised for sale, but there were problems getting it to fit, something about the Rover exhaust being lower than the Honda generating clearance issues.
Civic cars have a few front end chassis stiffening options and it was suggested to me that the way forward was to get hold of these and try them then see whet needed to be changed or modified.
I fitted the rear top and bottom braces yesterday along with new genuine zs shocks and springs and it does all feel tighter.
It seems there is a honda top front brace mentioned in forums from the civic ek9 I don’t know if this is correct, guess theres only one way to find out, I would rather find out a bit more first or if someone could confirm it fits the R45 that would be great.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

Isn't the top brace on the 400/45 the same as the 200/25? If so then rally design do some cheap ones.

On my 600 i've got a slightly modified accord top brace.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

thanks ETV i will look into that