uprated turbo

rovermad

uprated turbo

Post by rovermad »

What car would I be looking for to take the turbo off to make fit my rover 220sdi to be a upgrade to the rover 25 turbo. I have heard of people putting a subaru impreza 2000 turbo on to 306 turbos do u know if that would work on a 220sdi or would it be to big?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: uprated turbo

Post by E_T_V »

If you can fit it then they may be suitable. Its difficult to advise without knowing the exact turbo though.

Obviously it'll be a lot later to come on boost though which will make it less drivable.
rovermad

Post by rovermad »

Every day drivings not really a problem mate just had enuff of waiting for dark ice to make there uprated turbo. Wat size turbo would u suggest me getting. Would a t2 off a ford fiesta rs turbo be better or would that not be big enuff to bother with.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

The TD04 13T is what I've fitted to mine but as it isn't on the road yet I'm not sure how much lag there will be.

Gt2052 is also one I looked at if you can get one that'll fit (the one I tried didn't fit!)
rovermad

Post by rovermad »

Dark ice have just posted up this http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=62 ... 6280829107

What do you think? I don't know if it will be a great improvement as still waiting to hear wat size the turbo is.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

All depends on what the turbo is, i.e. the spec.

If it is a standard exhaust housing (which I don't think it would be) then I'd leave it alone.

Interested to see the specs of it though.

I suspect it is a hybrid using a GT17 compressor wheel and a bigger exhaust turbine housing. That would be a sensible upgrade in my opinion.