Increasing Fuelling on Intercooled Models

chappers

Increasing Fuelling on Intercooled Models

Post by chappers »

Just want to clarify a couple of things really, so I can get them clear in my mind, before I start tinkering.

After reading this site there appears to be discussionsabout increasing the fuelling manually. On this guide http://www.roverdiesel.co.uk/menumappin ... uning.html it shows how to increase the fuelling for non-intercooled models. Can/should the same be done with intercooled models, or does it need to be done another way?

I know that you should be increasing the boost at the same time too, to get an increase in power/torque, but I understand how to increase that.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Increasing Fuelling on Intercooled Models

Post by E_T_V »

The Di fuel pump is all electronic so you have to adjust the pump either electronically or adjust its base setting mechanically to trick the pump into injecting more fuel.

The non intercooled one is mechanically controlled and so you can adjust it far more.
chappers

Post by chappers »

Aaah right, fair enough. I presume it's not easy to adjust it electronically? I'll probably just stick to the simple 'air' mods (decat & EGR blanking) to begin with if not.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

If you have a look around this site somewhere you'll see something called the "hammer mod"

Essentailly it is like altering the max fuel screw on the non intercooled fuel pump. And acts in the same way as part of the TU1 which does the same thing electronically.
chappers

Post by chappers »

I have seen a mention about the 'hammer mod', but didn't actually get round to read that. Still got lots of interesting reading on here. It's certainly a good site with plenty of info. 8-)
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

I've not updated it for quite a while now, but if people ask for stuff then I'll try and write something.
chappers

Post by chappers »

Well if I have any questions I'll certainly ask you, if you don't mind?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

That is what the forums are for on here ;)