Remapping

chappers

Remapping

Post by chappers »

Is it possible to remap the standard ECU, without using a chip mod or something like a tuning box? If so, what would be required for someone to perform a custom remap? The software used, cables required etc and where could they be purchased from?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Remapping

Post by E_T_V »

You cannot remap a Di I'm afraid

You have to remove the chip from the ECU in order to re-write it or write a new one. I've done a few.
chappers

Post by chappers »

I may well be contacting you at some point in the future so sort me out then. We'll see how funds permit as I tend to spend all my pennies on my weekend play-toy and nothing for that is ever cheap. :roll:
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

What is the toy?

If you socket the ECU yourself or get someone else to then chips are fairly cheap. It is the socketing the ECU that takes the time!
chappers

Post by chappers »

I'll probably just stick to the bolt on mods first then and give it another service. Gave it a basic service when I first bought it last March (engine oil & filter, air filter & fuel filter) but it's due an oil change now as it's been a year, so I'm planning on doing that in the next couple of weeks. Also want to check and change/top up the brake clutch fluid and change the coolant.

This is my baby...

She's probably cleaned more than she's driven. :lol:

Spec list is quite long, but she's worth every penny. Can't keep anything standard me, hence the itchy fingers for tuning the Rover.
p_b82

Post by p_b82 »

Need sunglasses looking at that engine bay... makes mine look positively filthy!
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

You are welcome to clean mine!
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

ETV will this be the same for remapping the freelander ecu?

Love the evo Chappers.

Kieran
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

Yes they are a slightly modified SDi essentiually.
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

I want more torque out of mine rather than bucket loads of extra bhp, I want to be able to go up hills around Halifax without continuosly having to drop all the way down the gears!