obd1 or 2

nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

obd1 or 2

Post by nicko500s »

anybody know how to tell if your car is obd1 or 2? my car is a 52 plate R45.
im asking for two reasons, firstly i think the duel map sounds good but requires obd1, second i was looking at the scanguage system but it says that the car must be obd2 or eobd (for europe or something,) its 2004 and later, but i cant find that info now.
has anyone used the scanguage? are they any good?

also where is the obd plug located, i have never come across this as far as i know.
thanks.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: obd1 or 2

Post by E_T_V »

Your car will be OBD1, but scangauge will still work and display data, it just won't clear the fault light if it is lit.

Diagnostics plug is in the same place as on the earlier DI's I think.

http://www.roverdiesel.co.uk/electrical ... codes.html

(but on the 45 etc you can't use the paperclip you need a proper device like a scangauge etc!)
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

ok im a bit farther ahead with hardware mods now and apart from a freeflow mandrel bent exhaust there dosent seem any mods left.
engine mods so far are brand new engine, di injectors, 19psi, decat, dark ice turbo outlet pipe, rouse turbo hoses, cone air filter.

so unless anyone has any other ideas it looks like its time for the last thing, a remap.
so as my car is obd1 i can have the duel map, it runs fine right through the rev range so i think the maf sensor is good.
i want to find out if you can switch maps in car while driving?
is there any point in getting a digi mafam first? if i do will there be any gains in performance or economy when using the normal map? i guess what im asking is by using the digimafam will that make the car more economical/ efficient with the standard map then have the other map just for performance?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

If you are going to get a remap then you can also get a maffless remap at the same time which will mean that the MAF sensor isn't needed anymore.

The dual map can be maf and no-maf with just a switch between the two. I think you should turn the igntion off between changes of map although I think it will work one way round but possibly not the other with the engine on.

Dakta/Kris can give more advice on this as he has done a fair number of peoples cars.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

ok thanks ETV