L Series Variants

News and information will be posted here.
Rovers 'til I die

L Series Variants

Post by Rovers 'til I die »

My 1997 Rover 600 diesel has died. I need a new engine and will buy a donor car, are all the intercooled L series engines fitted to the Rover 200, 400 and 600 the same?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: L Series Variants

Post by E_T_V »

Rovers 'til I die wrote:My 1997 Rover 600 diesel has died. I need a new engine and will buy a donor car, are all the intercooled L series engines fitted to the Rover 200, 400 and 600 the same?
Yes and no.

The basic engine block is the same on all 2/4/600 L series engines, but the ancillaries differ. e.g, aircon non aircon etc.

Also be aware that the flywheel clutch and turbo are smaller on the non intercooled models (and the crank sensor is different too on these).

The rover 25/45/zr/zs L series engines are also worth considering. The fuel pump and adapter plate will need to be swapped for your existing one though. The turbo is slightly bigger/better on these too. Again there are a few difference in ancillaries, but notably the cambelt is narrower and there are extra dampers on the cam pulleys to cope with the different fuel pump on these models.

I hope that helps.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: L Series Variants

Post by E_T_V »

Also what has actually died on the engine? They are usually incredibly reliable engines. It might be a simple fix.
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Cool Product Info

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Top Product Site 1fdc37d
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Best Product Tips

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Cool Product Info 32199c5
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Recommended Product Website

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Best Product Info 2352486
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Recommended Product Info

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Info 199c570
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Cool Product Info

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Tips 5effade
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Updated Product Info

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Website 032199c
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

High Rated Botox Treatment Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the man asking about will botox help forehead wrinkles, 11 botox, how much does botox and filler cost, how often do i get botox, how much should botox cost per unit, what happens to botox over time, is botox in forehead safe, botox shot, botox closest to me, botox by me, I highly suggest this best botox treatment tips or botox in mouth lines, best type of botox for forehead, what is botox and dermal fillers, what to know before getting botox for the first time, can you use botox for lines around the mouth, after botox injections, what areas of the face can you use botox, botox facial benefits, how long before botox works after injection, how long to see results from botox injections, alongside all this the original source about botox treatment blog not to mention botox after 2 weeks, what is the cost of botox injections, botox doses for wrinkles, how often should i get botox, how to use botox injection, what are units in botox, what is like botox, botox injection units, where do you use botox, does botox help wrinkles on forehead, alongside all this she said on botox treatment link which is also great. Also, have a look at this awesome botox treatment blog as well as how many days until botox starts working, how expensive is botox for eyes, best botox areas on face, best brand for botox, after getting botox, difference between botox and botox cosmetic, can you get botox in your chin, no injection botox, how much is botox cosmetic, women's botox before and after, alongside all this recommended botox treatment site with how quickly does botox kick in, what are 11's botox, botox for under eyes cost, botox natural look, how many units of botox do you need for face, benefits of botox on forehead, botox is it safe, tox botox, botox before and after men, what's the difference between a filler and botox, for good measure. Check more @ Top Botox Treatment Site 1_ddd9e