Who facies a WGT rolling road day?

E_T_V
Site Admin

Who facies a WGT rolling road day?

Post by E_T_V »

As it seems no-one else wants to organise it, I'll do it, but it'll be a little later in the year if possible (to let me get something to run on the rollers!)

Its a well known and proven dyno for us derv heads.

The dyno is a hub mounted one rather than a traditional rolling road which is supposed to be more accurate and it a lot quieter and safer than the road types. You'll need to remove the wheels so don't forget the locking wheelnut key!

Nice friendly place which usually lay on tea and biccies for big groups. Always willing to help try things out and does everything they can to advise how to improve things.

There are plenty of threads from previous events on mg-rover.org in the diesel section so if you don't believe me, then check these out.

First I need to pick a day and then get a list of interested people and collect the fees from them.
I'll give them a ring to find out suitable dates if there is any interest.
Dakta

Re: Who facies a WGT rolling road day?

Post by Dakta »

I'l be coming (goes without saying really). I'l mention it on .org.

For anyone new to the dyno events at WGT, basically the dyno runs are about £25 each, and there's been two rover diesel run days there so far, atracting quite a few people (10-20?) and it makes a good day, even if you arn't a major tuner.

There is a tea stand, so you can have a cuppa whilst you watch cars come and go on the rollers, and tv screens positioned around the unit where you can watch the results appear in realtime.

It is carried out ina professional manner, and as so many rover diesels have been there due to the other events, it's good for benchamrking/comparisons your results with other rover dervs.

Oh and it's just off the M6 at middlewich, so not far from manchester.

In all it's a good day, both to get a result for your car, but it's good socially too as most people at the last events made a day of it. Matter of fact, quite a few ended up ending the day by having a social drink and banter together at the pub a mile down the road.
p_b82

Post by p_b82 »

i am certainly up for it.. would like to be able to put some faces to names, and by then should hopefully see what is what in terms of my car....

i already paid mark my deposit :)
Dakta

Post by Dakta »

it'l be good to see you there, don't think you came to the other two by any chance?
p_b82

Post by p_b82 »

Nope you are indeed correct i did not come to the last ones.

I plan to get my car on the dyno when it is finally sorted by Matt(rally), on the dyno with matt(reidy) before and after the remap session then a final one up at WGT to give me hopefully an average figure to go by.

And actually more to the point i want to catch up with some faces again - the only slight downside is i 'might' be due in leicester on the 26th as well. but no real chance for me to stay up that way first so would be quite a few miles.

However it would be good practice for amy 5hr drive i got planned for august lol