actuator

nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

actuator

Post by nicko500s »

ok so today i tinkered with the turbo actuator, i tightened the link arm by about 3mm as suggested somewhere, but there was no difference, i was a bit dissapointed but at least i didnt break anything !
i think i will try again tomorrow as it may be possible that the spring in the actuaror may have weakend over the years? and the end of the arm that joins the wast gate was a bit worn so possibly had a bit of play.

also changed the bulb for the clock, had to remove the whole center console! it was easy but more work than i expected just to change a bulb.

er is anyone out there?
Disgusted
Bolt Twiddler

Re: actuator

Post by Disgusted »

You should've bought a 200/25, the clock is on the dash and very easy to get out :D

Only joking ;)

The new Renault Clio and Modus require the bumper to be removed to change a headlamp bulb!
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

yer we had a few company lagoonas the engines went due to the EGR valves good old renault !
nicko
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

Upping the boost without increasing the fuel will do little to the performance level. You really need a boost gauge or a volt meter on the MAP sensor to set the boost pressure properly. 3mm on some cars may be 1psi increase and 10psi increase on others. That why I never tell people 2 turns = 3psi etc as there are simply too many variables for it to be accurate.

If you have an oily intercooler pipe then check it for leaks as they are very common.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

the boost was @ 1.4 bar before the head went not sure what that is in psi
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

That is about 20.3psi
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler