Fan (not the usual) and wipers (not the usual)

Ledlights

Fan (not the usual) and wipers (not the usual)

Post by Ledlights »

Hi,

I've got a couple of unusual electrical faults that have been causing me hassle for a while - can anyone help?

The first is related to the fan heater. I've changed the resistors in the heater ducting which solved the common problem of no fan on settings 1 or 2, but another fault has raised its ugly head. When the car warms up the fan only works intermittently. I've checked the fan connector and cleaned it and it seems to be okay, likewise the connector onto the resistors is fine. Any ideas?

The second is a problem with the wipers. When it's cold they only work when you manually pull the stalk down but after a couple of minutes they start working again. When you use them manually, the park function doesn't work either. The funny thing about this is that I've stripped the wiper motor and the wipers on all 3 contacts are fine and they seem to be making good contact. Also the connector is okay. Is there a relay that could be causing a problem? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Fan (not the usual) and wipers (not the usual)

Post by E_T_V »

Fan motor is probably on its last legs. Mine is the same (600) because I think the brushes have worn out.

400/45 ones seem particularly prone to failure

Wipers is probably the motor too. There is an electrical contact for park and without it the wipers park erratically if at all! Usually an issue on the 200/25 though.