Hey All

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
RoverMatt

Hey All

Post by RoverMatt »

Hi,

My name is Matt, im 24 years old and from Wirral, which is in Cheshire! I support Liverpool FC and have been self-employed for the past 7 years or so as a Linux server administrator and run a small company providing web servers, consultancy and other related services. I also used to work for Telewest in years gone by as an apprentice IT Technician.

I currently own a 2000 Rover 75 ClubSE 1.8 K'er and a 1999 V-reg 620SDi. I have a feeling the 620 was actually built in 1998 and registered in 1999 because the SDi specification does not appear to be present in 1999. Ive only recently bought the 620, mainly because the 75 is very heavy on fuel, probably a little underpowered for motorway economy, and terrible around town - though it is wonderful in terms of luxury. The 620 has a part service history but in the past 3 years, the owner I bought it off has spent a lot of money maintaining it, and it is in pretty decent condition for its age. A little bit of rust in the arches needs sorting out, and the odd scratch here and there, but otherwise pretty good, and the interior is in fantastic condition, with half-leather etc. It has covered 97,000 miles but of course, im currently having issues with the engine running, hence joining this forum.

In the past, ive owned a 420SLDi, as well as a 306 1.9DTurbo and XSi, and a few Clio's back in my younger years, all petrol. Nearly bought a 406 when I was shopping for a 25/45/600/75 Diesel, was surprised by how nice they are inside, and how economical the HDi engine is for such a big car, but alas I decided against it as I know little about the HDi engines. Was also looking at a Mercedes C220 Sport CDi from 2001, absolutely gorgeous car inside (im a walnut man myself, hence the 75 and Rovers, but the Carbon Fibre interior in the Sport looks really classy - first time ive looked at a car with carbon fibre as standard instead of some chav adding it to try and pimp their ride and epically failing to make it look anything near good, and it looks amazing), and though it was automatic, it was similar fuel economy to a 75 CDT. Alas, most of them nowadays suffer rust de to Merc using water-based paints before everyone else, and this combined with engine work being very expensive, put an end to that idea. Getting a mint-condition one would have been hard, and cost £1000 more than a regular rust-suffering example!!

Anyway, thats me!! :)