Hello i am rusty

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
rusty

Hello i am rusty

Post by rusty »

I Have a landrover freelander 1 and it is giving me the most problem a the worst time.
My problems is a idleing problem and the engine revs up to 1500rpm the diagnostic machine side it was the throttle position sensor ive replace it with a new one but still having the same problems ive also replaced the EGR Valve/Map Sensor/Mass air flow sensor/ are also brand new and still having the same problems.The only thing left to change is the bosch vp37 diesel injector pump. And all of these problem started after i had new cam belt fitted
by collin motors northwest london . this problem is the death of the freelnder 1 can somebody help me with this nigthmare.RUSTY
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Hello i am rusty

Post by E_T_V »

If the revs stick at 1250 rpm then the engine thinks that the throttle position sensor is faulty.

The sensor itself is usually very reliable. The wiring less so. The sensor also needs to be adjusted correctly for it to work also. i.e. it needs some slack in the cable as part of the sensor is an idle switch that connects when the throttle is at idle.

Check the TPS voltage at the sensor and again at the ECU and see if there is a wiring issue (check that none were damaged during the cambelt changes).
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Re: Hello i am rusty

Post by Kieranm105 »

Hi and welcome.
If you need more specific Freelander help try here.
Kieran
http://mudfl.forumotion.co.uk/